Junior Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team -- even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row Camp is a 3hour class. Fee is $85 (includes an MRC t-shirt).
Please check back with us in March 2019
If you have completed 'Kids in the Boat' please get in contact with Sabine Johnson Programdirector@minneapolisrowing.org
Junior Team Detail
Schedule & Team Fees
MANDATORY Parent meeting: Sunday June 17, 2018 at noon, down at the boathouse.
- Team Fees are seasonal:
- Spring: Please check back in 2019
- Summer: Please check back in 2019
- Fall: Please check back in 2019
- Have to be a member of MRC (Junior membership dues: $230, Novice Junior membership dues: $175, exclusively to those who have completed "Learn To Row" or "Kids In The Boat" with the Minneapolis Rowing Club.
- $450 Program fee for each season
- For our Novice Juniors the program fee includes a MRC racing tank
- Installment Plan:
We also offer an installment plan for an additional $15 that spreads the costs over 2 payments (please see details).
If you pay in full, your fees due the first week you begin attending sessions.
- Regatta and travel fees are additional.
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds after the season begins and there is no pro-rating of Team Fees.
- Limited scholarship funds available. To inquire contact Sabine Johnson, Programdirector@minneapolisrowing.org
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, you must talk to the Junior Lead Coach before joining the team.
- Meet minimum volunteer expectations as MRC members.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
- The Junior Team is a competition team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2019 Regatta Schedule (must have PASSPORT)
May 18/19 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, Ohio
June 6-9 USRowing Youth National Championships, Sacramento, CA
Jun. 15 Minneapolis Sprints, Minneapolis
Jun. 22 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
Jul. 13 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
Jul. 27 Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON
Aug. 23-24 NWIRA Championships, Kenora, ON
Sept. 21 Head of the Red, Winnipeg ON (tentative)
Sep. 28 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
Oct. 5 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 13 Row the Miss, Moline, IL
Oct. 14 Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL
Oct. 19-20 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA