Novice Team - Suspended through June 30, 2020
With the suspension of MRC's Learn To Row program through June 30, 2020, the Novice Team is also suspended.
Please check back for additional updates.
For first year rowers who have completed a Learn to Row Class, and oarsmen and women who are returning to the sport after a long absence. Rowers will continue to develop their sweep rowing skills in a group setting that promotes the enjoyment of rowing by building skills and fitness.
More information in our Novice Team Q&A
- All sessions run by professional, safety-certified coaches
- Organized rows
- Team members are expected to meet minimum standards for fitness and participation
- Sign up for practices in advance and attend
- MRC is primarily a volunteer-run club. Please expect to contribute at least a few hours to help maintain grounds, volunteer during regattas, and or assist with docks out.
- Keep MRC financial account in good standing by paying program, regatta, and any other fees promptly
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
Schedules and Team Fees
UPDATED Practices begin June 18
- Tuesdays 5:45-7:45 pm
- Thursdays 5:30-7:30 am
- Fridays 5:45-7:45 pm
- Saturdays 9:30-11:30 am
Novice Team members may be eligible to compete at the following regattas
- September 28, Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
- October 5, Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
- October 26, Northstar Challenge, Minneapolis, MN
Participation on the MRC Adult Novice Team requires payment of both MRC membership dues and team program fees.
Novice Team Registration
- MRC Adult Novice Membership dues: $215
- Novice Team Program Fees
- $225 for participants in MRC Learn To Row course
- $325 for individuals who have done Learn To Row or equivalent with another organization
If you have participated in a MRC Learn To Row course, click here: Novice Team (former MRC participant)
If you completed a Learn to Row course at another club or those returning to the sport, click here: Novice Team (new to MRC)
See you on the Water!