For first year rowers who have completed a Learn to Row Class, and oarsmen and women who are returning to the sport after a long absence. Rowers will continue to develop their sweep rowing skills in a group setting that promotes the enjoyment of rowing by building skills and fitness.
More information in our Novice Team Q&A
- All sessions run by professional, safety-certified coaches
- Organized rows
- Team members are expected to meet minimum standards for fitness and participation
- Sign up for practices in advance and attend
- MRC is primarily a volunteer-run club. Please expect to contribute at least a few hours to help maintain grounds, volunteer during regattas, and or assist with docks out.
- Keep MRC financial account in good standing by paying program, regatta, and any other fees promptly
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
Schedules and Team Fees
UPDATED Practices begin June 18
- Tuesdays 5:45-7:45 pm
- Thursdays 5:30-7:30 am
- Fridays 5:45-7:45 pm
- Saturdays 9:30-11:30 am
Novice Team members may be eligible to compete at the following regattas
- September 28, Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
- October 5, Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
- October 26, Northstar Challenge, Minneapolis, MN
Participation on the MRC Adult Novice Team requires payment of both MRC membership dues and team program fees.
Novice Team Registration
- MRC Adult Novice Membership dues: $215
- Novice Team Program Fees
- $225 for participants in MRC Learn To Row course
- $325 for individuals who have done Learn To Row or equivalent with another organization
If you have participated in a MRC Learn To Row course, click here: Novice Team (former MRC participant)
If you completed a Learn to Row course at another club or those returning to the sport, click here: Novice Team (new to MRC)
See you on the Water!