Juniors Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team, even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row camp is a 2.5 hour session. Cost is $75 and includes a MRC t-shirt.
Please check back for updates
2020 Junior Learn To Row Schedule - click on the desired date to register
Junior Learn To Row Camp I: Saturday, May 30, 12:00-2:30pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp II: Sunday, May 31, 12:00-2:30pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp III: Wednesday, June 3, 5:00-7:30pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp IV: Saturday, June 6, 12:00-2:30pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp V: Monday, June 8, 7:15-9:45am
If you have completed a Kids in the Boat Rowing Camp (middle school), please contact Jen Sowins, email@example.com
MRC Junior Team
Schedule & Team Fees
In order to row with the MRC Junior Team, there are two separate fees. Club membership dues are paid annually. In addition to membership, there is a seasonal program fee due for each season a rower participates. The Junior Team has three rowing seasons, spring, summer, and fall. Program fees do not automatically renew as there is no obligation for continued participation.
Season program fees may either be paid in full or there is an installment plan option to pay over time.
Rowers, both Novice and experienced, who are joining MRC for the very first time pay a higher program fee. The higher cost includes a MRC racing tank which is required to compete at regattas. This higher cost program fee is ONLY for the first season in which they row.
Rowers who have rowed at least one season with MRC should select the desired RETURNING ROWER registration link.
Become a Member Here!
- MRC Juniors annual membership dues are $230
- Juniors Novice (first year, no prior rowing experience) membership dues are $175
Summer Season: Monday, June 1, 2020 - Wednesday, August 19, 2020
A parent or guardian of each Junior Team member must attend before your rower can begin practice. Please contact Vicki Larson if you are not able to attend either meeting to ensure you are up to date on all MRC COVID-19 procedures.
Monday, June 1, 7:00pm Register for the Monday Zoom meeting
Practice Monday-Friday 8:30am - 1:00pm TENTATIVE
Rowers New to MRC
Fall Season: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 - Friday, October 30, 2020
Practice Monday-Friday, 4:00-5:45pm TENTATIVE
Rowers New to MRC
- Juniors Varsity Team, $450 program fee
- Juniors Varsity Team Installment Plan, $465 program fee
- FIRST SEASON ONLY: Juniors Team, $485 program fee
- FIRST SEASON ONLY: Juniors Novice Team Installment Plan, $500 program fee
- Team program fees are seasonal
- Base program fee is $450 for each season
- Junior Team NEW TO MRC program fee includes a MRC racing tank ($35) which is required to compete at regattas
MRC also offers a program fee installment plan for an additional $15. The cost is spread over 2 payments (please see registration details)
The program fee must be paid in full or the first payment of the installment plan must be made the first week of attending practices
- Regatta and travel fees are additional
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds after the season begins, and there is no pro-rating of team program fees
- Limited scholarship funds are available. For consideration, please complete the online Scholarship Application. Contact Jen Sowins with any questions.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, please consult the Junior Team Head Coach before joining the team.
- MRC is a volunteer led organization. Members are expected to volunteer at boathouse work days and or middle school rowing camps.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- The Junior Team is a competition focused team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2020 Junior Team Regatta Calendar - TENTATIVE
Feb 22 Twin Cities Youth Rowing Erg Sprints (indoor), Minneapolis, MN
May 16-17 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, OH
June 11-14 USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL
June 13 Minneapolis Sprints, Lake Nokomis, Minneapolis, MN
June 27 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
July 11 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
July 25 Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON
August 14-15 NWIRA Championship Regatta, Kenora, ON
September 12 Pike Island Challenge, St.Paul, MN
September 26 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
October 3 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
October 11 Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL
October 17-18 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA