Juniors Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team, even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row camp is a 3 hour session. Cost is $85 and includes an MRC t-shirt.
Please check back early spring for the 2020 schedule.
If you have completed a Kids in the Boat Rowing Camp (middle school), please contact Jen Sowins, firstname.lastname@example.org
MRC Junior Team
Schedule & Team Fees
In order to row with the MRC Junior Team, there are two separate fees. Club membership dues are paid annually. In addition to membership, there is a seasonal program fee due for each season a rower participates. The Junior Team has three rowing seasons, spring, summer, and fall. Program fees do not automatically renew as there is no obligation for continued participation.
Season program fees may either be paid in full or there is an Installment Plan option to pay over time.
First time rowers with the MRC Junior Team should select the Juniors Novice Team for the first season only in which they row. The
additional cost of the Juniors Novice Team includes a MRC racing tank which is required to compete at regattas. Following completion of their Novice season, all returning rowers should register for the Juniors Varsity Team. For example, members of the Juniors Novice Team during the summer who wish to continue rowing should register for the Juniors Varsity Team for the fall season.
- MRC Juniors annual membership dues are $230
- Juniors Novice first year membership dues are $175, exclusively for LTR or Kids In The Boat participants with the Minneapolis Rowing Club only
Fall Season: August 28 - October 25, 4:00 - 5:45 pm
- Juniors Varsity Team, $450 program fee - Click here
- Juniors Varsity Team Installment Plan, $465 program fee - Click here
- FIRST SEASON ONLY: Juniors Novice Team, $485 program fee - Click here
- FIRST SEASON ONLY: Juniors Novice Team Installment Plan, $500 program fee - Click here
- Team program fees are seasonal
- Base program fee is $450 for each season
- Juniors Novice program fee includes a MRC racing tank ($35) which is required to compete at regattas
MRC also offers a program fee installment plan for an additional $15. The cost is spread over 2 payments (please see registration details)
The program fee must be paid in full or the first payment of the installment plan must be made the first week of attending practices
- Regatta and travel fees are additional
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds after the season begins, and there is no pro-rating of team program fees
- Limited scholarship funds are available. To inquire, contact Jen Sowins
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, please consult the Junior Team Head Coach before joining the team.
- Meet minimum volunteer expectations as a member of MRC. The Minneapolis Rowing Club is a volunteer led organization.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- The Junior Team is a competition focused team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2019 Junior Team Regatta Calendar
April 27 2019 Camp Randall Invite, Madison WI - TENTATIVE
May 18/19 Midwest Junior Championship, Bethel, Ohio
June 6-9 USRowing Youth National Championships, Sarasota, FL
Jun. 15 Minneapolis Sprints, Minneapolis
Jun. 22 Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
Jul. 13 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
Jul. 27 Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON
Aug. 23-24 NWIRA Championships, Kenora, ON
Sept. 8 Pike Island Challenge, St.Paul, MN (tentative)
Sept. 21 Head of the Red, Winnipeg ON (tentative)
Sep. 28 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
Oct. 5 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 13 Row the Miss, Moline, IL
Oct. 14 Head of the Rock, Rockford, IL
Oct. 19-20 Head of the Charles, Boston, MA